Pages

I'm so glad I don't have kids

And seemingly everyday I see, hear or read something else that proves that decision was right
Dad's anger as teacher tries to force him to invite 24 children to son's party
Education has gone down the shitter these days, so unless you're able to home school, everything about a child in state education must be a huge ballache. They even try to extend their bollocks into your home too, by deciding what your child is allowed to eat for school meals (Vegan, salt and sugar free, non-GMO, non-dairy being the favoured option)

But I wasn't aware they did this:
In this extreme case of party invite pressure, the unnamed dad shared his story on Reddit's Am I the A**hole forum, claiming the teacher rang him to say she was aware that only a few of his son's friends from the class had been invited to the party, not all the children, reported the Mirror. Explaining that his son has "problems" with some kids in the class and that they couldn't "handle" hosting that many people, the dad said that this explanation didn't go down well with the teacher, who went on to inform him about a rule they have in her class.
He said: "She then tells me that there is a rule that if any kids in the class are invited that all kids in the class are invited. I told her it is an event off school hours on private property in my home."
A rule 'they' have. In the class. For a second, I was actually quite astounded that a teacher thought they had the right to dictate what happens in a pupils house, but then I gave my head a wobble. Of course they do
She then tells me there is a good reason for the rule since kids get their feelings hurt if they get left out
That's not a good reason. Getting your feelings hurt is part of life, particularly when you are young and haven't learned to grow the thick skin you need to navigate living on a planet full of many other varied and different people
Any teacher worth their salt (wanting to teach and wanting kids to learn) would explain to their class that they should not expect to get an invite to everybodys party as most people only have a small circle of close friends and parties can cost a lot of money

The sooner the kids learn this stuff, the better they will be able to deal with being left out of things and the better their life will be
"I also point out that he has friends from other classes attending, so do I have to invite that whole other class too? She then said 'your son is in my class. He is under my supervision. This is my rule.'
What a twat
I then told her that he is only under her supervision while he was in class. I am the one throwing the party, and she doesn't get to make rules for my house or me
Exactly
She then said if it involves her class, she does.
Oh dear. This one is clearly suited for a career in the civil service. Modern educators think they own the children and parents cannot be trusted  to make decisions for them. This is a perfect example

I fail to see why this parent should give a crap if a few brats get hurt feelings because they weren't invited to a mediocre party, and it seems he really doesn't
"Lady, it's pretty clear that you're too used to bossing around kids who have to listen to you and that you don't seem to understand that your little fiefdom ends at the end of the school day and doesn't go further than schoolhouse gates. I am not a six-year-old in your class. I'm a 38-year-old union electrician planning a private event in my own home, off school hours."
That's how you deal with jumped up little Hitlers in school or any other situation in life. We really need more responses like this one, rather than the grovelling apologies we usually see trotted out

Time to man up, western world 

6 Comments:

The Jannie said...

Bucko said...

Frank said...

Bucko said...

JuliaM said...

Bucko said...