Pages

Entitled, Drama Queen, Prat of the Week

Here's another Entitled, Drama Queen Prat, who's risen above the mundane level of the usual, run of the mill Entitled Drama Queen Prat, to become Entitled, Drama Queen, Pratt of the Week
Woman 'humiliated' at Manchester Airport after being asked to prove she lives in Ormskirk
I'm normally surprised that these entitled drama queens publicise their prattishness in the papers. This time I'm surprised she made it public that she lives in Ormskirk
A woman says she was left 'humiliated' after travelling through Manchester Airport when staff apparently demanded she proved she lived in the UK.
Laurence Sauvage-Lumb lives in Ormskirk with her husband and daughter. Originally from Lille, she was returning from France after a trip to her homeland last week when the incident took place.
The 52-year-old had made the journey to visit the grave of her twin who died last year. She says passport control at Manchester Airport asked how long she was planning to stay in the country and then to 'prove' she lived in England.
It all seems pretty simple to me. A foreign national asked to prove she lives in England? What can possibly be wrong with that?
"I said, I live here, and she said to me, well you’re French, so can you prove this? There was no mention of settled status; I was on the floor, I’ve never been so humiliated.”
You weren't humiliated. You are now you've taken it to the papers
According to Laurence, the error was down to a 'glitch' which she says may have occurred because she had renewed her passport, and her ‘settled’ status, showing continuous residence of five years in the UK, is linked to her old passport.
A glitch? At passport control? Oh well, these things happen
She said: “It took a good ten minutes, and my husband was saying, what are you doing? Why are you taking so long?
Ten minutes? At passport control? That's not actually bad going
"It’s the hostility and blunt language that shocked me…the manner is linked to an anti foreigner attitude. It was something I had never experienced before.
This is a consequence of Brexit...
A French national being asked to prove they live in England. Brexit is soooooooooo racist!
The blunt attitude is just passport control staff being passport control staff, nowt to do with Brexit
My address in Ormskirk is on my passport; she chose to ignore that, with no apology about the ridiculousness of my settled status not being linked to my new passport...

...it’s up to me to do it online apparently.
And there it is. The one sentence in all such articles that places the blame directly on the person making all the fuss

I love these drama queens. Please keep going to the papers, it gives us so much to laugh at
I have never really experienced anything like that
Love, you barely experienced anything 

2 Comments:

The Jannie said...

Bucko said...