Pages

I don't know much about doctoring, but...

My bile rises as I’m asked to move my dying cancer patient out of ICU to make room for an unvaccinated man with Covid

...is it the norm to keep terminally ill patients in ICU? I would be surprised if the answer is yes, although there is a fairly decent explanation as to why in the article. Like I say, I'm no doctor

It appears though that the bed was needed for a non-terminal patient with Covid. Ie., someone expected to live. Triage

As the ins and outs of it go, the thing that really makes my bile rise is:

  • A health service we pay through the nose for, that can't adequately treat all patients and is always crying about being overwhelmed. An NHS that wants us to stop getting sick because they don't want to treat sick people. A service that is under strain every winter because of the flu and has so far had two years to prepare for Covid and has failed. An inadequate service that is lauded as a sacred cow and people actually clapped for when it shut down due to a virus
  • A doctor who has to ask the question, 
“Is the Covid patient vaccinated?”

        as though the patients vaccination status has any relevance to the importance of their treatment

The NHS has long been unfit for purpose and desperately needs to be reformed. I would start with removing all the unnecessary layers of management and anyone with a job to do with equality, diversity and climate change

After that, I would remove all the front line staff who have forgotten their Hippocratic Oath due to Covid

And I would give people the option to opt out

2 Comments:

The Jannie said...

Bucko said...