Pages

Logic

I'm going to use this post to re-state my belief that we should be allowed to defend ourselves with deadly force and the carrying of guns by citizens for defence, should be commonplace

A former The X Factor contestant from Blackburn has criticised a phone network after being mugged.

The phone network didn't mug her. What I imagined happened at this point was also wrong, in that I thought she would have been trying to phone the police and couldn't get a signal or something

In fact, the article doesn't even state what her beef with EE is, just that they are difficult to deal with on the, er, phone

Posting to social media, she wrote: “[On 6 January] I was mugged in London.
“Being a young woman without a phone in London is extremely unsafe.

I've never been to London and I hope I'll never have to, but is seems quite obvious that just being there is extremely unsafe, young and female or not, although it's probably more dangerous for a young white female

A phone is not going to make it less dangerous though. If a young woman is mugged, having a phone is not going to help unless it has a sharp edge or something. If you manage to call the police before the mugging is over, they will just turn up after the event and clean up

The reality is though, muggings happen so fast, you aren't gonna call anyone for help

She added that the phone network has “made being a woman that bit harder”.

She doesn't explain her beef with EE but it seems clear she wants a new phone and they haven't provided her with one, which makes her unsafe. And she can't check Facebook

“Being a young woman without a phone in London is extremely unsafe.
“At first I didn’t have a phone because I was mugged and now I don’t because of
@EE errors.
If it's unsafe being a woman without a phone, surely that implies it is somehow safer if you have a phone, yet she was mugged for that phone. It didn't make her any safer. I don't think she gets that though
“You’ve made being a woman that bit harder today.”
I thought modern women were strong and confident and stuff?

I still say a small revolver or similar handbag gun (and the knowledge to use it) will make a woman safer than any phones or police

If an X-Factor reject with an EE phone can be mugged in London, it can happen to anyone

2 Comments:

The Jannie said...

Bucko said...