Pages

I've only gone and done it again

Not this:
A couple who claim they were "flown to the wrong country" on a Ryanair plane are demanding an apology and a £930 reimbursement after they ended up in Paris rather than Copenhagen.
Although this is not the first time I've read about this happening. I can't seem to find the story now, but I definitely read a similar tale within the last twelve months
They told the Manchester Evening News that they were faced with "horrendous" queues at Manchester Airport and were forced to "sprint" to their gateway to make sure they didn't miss their plane. Upon arrival at the terminal they claim that they were ushered down some stairs before boarding the only waiting plane on the runway.
Regardless of the excuses offered by this couple seeking compensation, getting on the wrong plane is actually a very difficult thing to do, but as this is twice I've read such a story now, I'm beginning to wonder if there is something particularly lax about Ryanair's boarding procedures

I suppose it's possible that a series of unfortunate errors could conspire to this conclusion and see you getting off a plane on the wrong tarmac, however unlikely

At the end of the day, the golden rule of flying (Or pretty much anything else really) is know what the hell you're doing before you do it. Particularly which gate you're going through, what time you have to be there and how big the queues are. If you're not completely aware of what's going on, that extra pint can wait until you get to your destination 

Of course if this is a symptom of Ryanair just being generally rubbish, it's a problem that couldn't happen to me, because as I said a few weeks ago, I'm never flying Ryanair again

Well, maybe just this once more...

Yes, it seems I do not have the courage of my convictions. We are flying to Corfu on the Jubilee bank holiday and it seems the only plane going to the island on that particular afternoon is one of the glorious Ryanair fleet

So I booked it

I could have booked a flight on the following day, but we wanted that particular day and the only option available was the one company I said I would never use again

Booking it was a ballache too. Everything is separate, and everything is charged for. The price you get on Skyscanner is about half what you will end up paying once you booked all your cases and seats and life jacket and cabin air

I'm sure it's going to be another crappy flight on a crappy plane with crappy cabin staff serving crappy food

I'm sure I'll get off that plane in Greece and say, "Never again"

I'm sure I'll blog about how that was definitely the last time. No more!

And I'm sure it will all happen again one day

At least we're coming back with Easyjet. They're not quite as crappy

4 Comments:

The Jannie said...

Bucko said...

Penseivat said...

Bucko said...