Pages

Never mind the election of a new PM...

...something else happened last night, that was slipped in under the cover of all the 'new PM' bluster. The Government released it's new tobacco control Green Paper

We already knew about it, because it was leaked to the papers a couple of weeks ago, but it's obvious by the way it was finally released, that the attempt was to keep this nasty proposal as quiet as possible
Apparently May wants her legacy to include a ‘ban on smoking by 2030 and a ban on the sale of energy drinks to children.’
Why does that woman want her 'legacy' to be as appalling as possible?  I thought I would never see a PM I hated as much as Blair, but May is coming very close.

She's gone now, but she's left a trail of destruction in her wake. I find myself wondering if Boris will be able to sort out the mess, or even if he wants to. If he does want to, he's got a mountain to climb, but as a career politician, particularly one who has drunk the Climate Change kool aid, I suspect we will just see more of the same

That's my prediction. I do hope people are able to tell me how wrong I was in a years time
We are setting an ambition to go 'smoke-free' in England by 2030. This includes an ultimatum for industry to make smoked tobacco obsolete by 2030, with smokers quitting or moving to reduced risk products like e-cigarettes.
An ultimatum to industry. In other words, we're not making tobacco illegal, because people wouldn't like us if we did that, so instead, we're making you stop selling it. They will probably then issue an ultimatum to industry to do something about the massive black market that springs up as a result. And then maybe to fix the national debt and get the trains running on time

These people truly are disgusting, yet they claim a moral high ground lofty enough to tell us how to live our lives. I despise them

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Bucko said...

Smoking Scot said...

Bucko said...