Pages

Snooker Loopy

So the snooker world championship started on Saturday, and unusually for me, it passed me right by. I'm normally on it, but I've been a bit busy of late and totally missed it until someone mentioned it at work yesterday morning
 
So I settled down with Mrs Bucko last last night and put the snooker on the telly box. As exciting as snooker can be, you can easily watch it in the background, so I was also watching a TV program on my laptop and she was doing her knitting
 
Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a girl trying to get on the snooker table, and security jumping in and dealing with her. The headphones came off and the knitting was put down while we watched what was going on in somewhat disbelief. Snooker is rather a sedate game and there is no reason I can think of that people might want to protest against it. 

The players are well looked after, the cues are vegan and the table is not powered by oil or gas, so I could only think that this was a random nutbag

Until the commentry went to what had happened on the other table and they showed us the mess. Another random nut bag had managed to get on that table and chuck orange powder all over it, and himself

We were actually both quite angry about this. We don't usually get phased much by nutbags, but there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this action and I couldn't think of a reason, even a misguided and convoluted reason, why people would want to do something like this at a snooker tournament

After a bit, it turned out that they were Just Stop Oil nutters. Their group even started boasting about it on Twitter, although it seems they had a prepared staement that said both tables had been attacked, where in reality, security and the ref were all over the girl on table one before she could even move the balls

I left them some sweary tweets about being childish wankers and stuff, then got back to what we were originally doing, as the televised game on the unaffected table had started again

It was still bugging me as I was following the story on Twitter though. Too many people were saying thinfgs like, "I agree with their aims, but this isn't the way to do it", or, "We need to do something about climate change, but snooker has nothing to do with it".

This is the reason why these idiots have carte blanche to protest in any manner they see fit. Too many people have bought into the climate change hoax. Too many people do actually belive that CO2 is destroying the planet and humans are responsible

Frankly, I'm baffled how anyone could fall for this, but there you are. 'Political Polls' but a poll on Twitter asking if this is the right way to protest, and about 30% said yes

And when the match ended, something else happened that really pissed me off. The credits were rolling and they ended with the satement: "A Carbon Neutral Sustainable Production"

I can't even guess at what that is supposed to mean. It seams that every company just slaps the word 'Sustainable' on their products, services and adverts and thinks that makes them green

How a televised snooker match uses carbon or can't be sustained, is way beyond me though, but as long as we keep up this pandering to the green bellends, they will always have a voice. As long as people and companies continue to pretend that climate change is a problem, groups like this will have an audience when they pull their silly stunts

As far as I'm concerned, if the BBC feel the need to add that virtue signalling guff at the end of their shows, they share some responsibility what what happened yesterday evening

These morons were quickly arrested and I would hope they get the key thrown at them, but I ain't holding my breath. I just hope they don't start beefing up security, doing bag searches and generally making the experience worse for everyone, just becuase of a couple of childish belmtards


*UPDATE*
Extra security has been positioned within the arena and on the floor of play and only very small bags will be allowed in and will be "vigorously searched", said the World Snooker Tour (WST).
That's a win for the protestor nutters

2 Comments:

A K Haart said...

Bucko said...