Pages

Protesters want to pay more tax

Campaigners  protesting against tax avoidance by big business took over Topshop's flagship branch and forced it to close temporarily.

My mistake.
Protesters want other people to pay more tax. Typical!

Once again, the mindset of these people completely escapes me. Why are they protesting against tax avoidance? Tax avoidance is totally legal and morally defensible.

Why would you pay more tax than you have to? Particularly considering what the government waste it on.

I pay tax through the PAYE (stolen before it reaches your wallet) system and I'm on the lowest bracket. Would I ask the government to put me in a higher bracket so I can pay more? Would I bollocks and I know these protesters wouldn't either.

They want the rich to pay more because they are jealous of success and wealth, even though it's the successful and wealthy that supply all the things that they consume in their daily lives. They are incapable of generating wealth or creating success so they want to steal it from others. Or more accurately, have the government do it for them.

Understanding the general thinking of these people, I can assume that they strongly disagree with the following things:

1) The war in Iraq.
2) Foreign aid to countries who have nuclear weapons.
3) The Bank bailout
4) The European superstate

Do they think that all of the above are morally defensible and that people should be forced to pay for them? I'll go out on a limb here and say no.

The fact is that the government wastes most of the tax they take. The EU, wars, excess benefits, expenses, quangos, fake charities, the NHS - the list could go on forever.

If the government stopped wasting so much money, maybe we could all pay less taxes. Why are they not protesting for that?

18 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Bucko said...

PJH said...

Corrugated Soundbite said...

Bucko said...

PJH said...

Bucko said...

PJH said...

PJH said...

Bucko said...

PJH said...

Bucko said...

PJH said...

Bucko said...

microdave said...

Bucko said...

microdave said...

Bucko said...