Pages

Get in line

Something has just made me remember a (boring) story from when I recently went on holiday
 
We had little choice but to fly with Ryanair this time. I've give over saying I'll never use them again, as we always do, and to be honest, they were actually quite good this time. Anyhoo, they fly from Terminal three, which we don't often visit

The last time we were at terminal three was when covid restrictions were still in place and we were advised to turn up three hours before departure, because of all the delays with check in and security

Check in took ten minutes and security took fifteen. When we got to the bar though, there was a huge queue going all around the perimeter of the pub (if you've been, you'll know the layout). It took me an hour to get through the queue and get some beers

If it wasn't for all the doom-mongering about delays, we may not have had time for a couple of beers, so thanks to the packickers for that

Anyway, we're back there in December, Mrs Bucko got us some kick arse seats, while I went up for beers. There were roughly seven people in front of me and they were all forming an orderly queue, starting three or four meters away from the bar, due to people walking past with cases and stuff

It's quite a big bar and in your average boozer, people normally just walk up to the bar to get served, they don't queue. I joined the queue but it felt really awkward. It felt wrong to be queuing and it felt like a normal person at any minute, might just bypass the queue and walk up to the bar, so you would have to say something or uncomfortably look away like you hadn't noticed

So I got the beers, sat with Mrs Bucko and pointed it out. She also thought it unusual, but what the hell?

When it was time for a second beer, there was one person being served at the bar and no queue, so I just walked up to the bar. Someone popped up and served me, but while doing so, two other people walked up to the bar

When I got back to the table, there were a few at the bar again, but all waiting at the bar rather than queuing. I pointed it out to Mrs Bucko, as I felt responsible for this little act of rebellion and return to the normal way of doing things

It didn't last long. After that rush had been dealt with, people started forming an orderly queue again. Is it just that one bar in Terminal 3 where people are weird, as I've never seen that before?

So we got on the plane...

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Bucko said...