Pages

Entitled, stroppy cow, has fight with energy company

If I wrote headlines. When the papers do it:
Yorkshire mum slams energy company for 'treating her like an animal' as 'four kids fall ill in freezing' house
There's an old saying about what not to do if you don't want to be treated like an animal
There's also an old saying about what stroppy cows say to newspapers being grossly over exaggerated
A Yorkshire mum says her four children have fallen ill after being left without heating or hot water for four days as temperatures plummeted to -7C.
I know I don't speak for the entire UK weather, but round here (and it's up north), the temperature has not yet got as low as -7. 
However, it's a bad sign when someones boiler packs in and their boiler cover won't pay for an emergency engineer to come out

Nah, I can't do that with a straight face 


Emma Best's gas supply ran out on Wednesday, December 7
Ran out? How does a piped gass supply run out? You guessed it
Emma said her energy company, OVO Energy, changed her meter from a monthly plan to pay as you go and she needs a gas card to be able to top it up
Only one reason for that. She's not been paying her bills

Maybe the Universal Credit*, Child Benefit* for four kids and the contribution from four dads* isn't enough money to cover the gas bill (*All speculation on my part)

So they've changed her meter and there's been a bit of a delay getting her back on line again. Really, she's only herself to blame, but as with all such filler in the local papers, she'll do her best to find someone else
Emma said: "I spent 15 hours or more on the phone to them in the last few days. It’s mentally fried my brain
Again, purely specualtion, but I doubt there's much there to fry
“It was disgusting. I was treated like an animal and it didn't matter how much I phoned them. They just weren't doing anything. The amount of people that put the phone down on me was ridiculous."
Now that's interesting. I've worked in a call centre in the past, and one thing I'm sure of is that they will only hang up on you if you are particularly abusive, and then only after a few warnings
If a number of people have really put the phone down on her, she must have been behaving like an animal. Oh...
Emma said: “From Wednesday tea time until Sunday night they were left freezing cold in this house. They're all poorly. My one-year-old is really poorly now and I'm going to get her to the doctors
Of course there's a raft of illnesses the kids all have. Stragely enough, ADHD and Autism don't get a mention. She hasn't read the compo playbook
Emma says she has had to resort to using an electric fire to keep warm...
Well that's astounding. She's actually done something to help herself. Not sure why she waited until all the kids were sick though
...with this costing £45 over the past few days.
Yeah, but think what you'll be saving on gas



2 Comments:

The Jannie said...

Bucko said...