Pages

Middle Class Problems

When I saw this headline, I thought of hoards of black youths tearing the store apart, a la Tik Tok videos from America
Or maybe some kind of Black Friday style melee brought on by a 2p reduction on tins of beans
Aldi and Asda shoppers 'sick with worry' over scenes in stores
I didn't image 'sick with worry', being the result of the more banal reasons explained in the article, although when it comes to the Facebook generation, I really should not be surprised
One shopper took to social media to express her worry as she had noticed her favourite items disappearing over the last couple of weeks.

The shopper wrote on a Facebook group for fans of the supermarket: "I've just come back from Aldi. The shelves are looking emptier by the week. No soya milk sweetened version for weeks. No sweetened almond milk for two weeks. Cranberry juice is very hit and miss and has been for weeks. I love Aldi but whatever is happening?"

Jen Runnalls replied: "Asda was the same yesterday. Shelves were empty. The biscuit aisle was dire in particular. Couldn't get a dried herb I was after either. I was doing my mum and dads shopping and there was a lot on there I couldn't get."
Seriously. I checked, and it's not actually a parody

No soya milk, sweetened version?


Nothing to see here. Move along

How can people complain about a shortage of almond milk when there are people in the world with real problems


Oops! Sucks to be him


5 Comments:

The Jannie said...

Bucko said...

Stonyground said...

JuliaM said...

Bucko said...