Pages

We're all Neo Nazis now

There's no escaping it. As the definition of far right moves ever further left, anyone who doesn't think like Stalin, now falls under the umbrella
 
Leeds pub slammed as a disgrace for allowing controversial punk band to perform gig
The Drysalters 'horrified' punters for allowing German group Combat BC to perform
Some of their imagery is quite telling and I'm sure there's probably a hidden code in the name of the band, but I'm not here to guess

No. What stood out for me when I read the article, was that it said more about the writer, than it did about the band

Whatever could I mean?

Well this is what the writer of the article offers as evidence that we're dealing with a group of Neo Nazis:
Combat BC band members have also made statements criticising the Black Lives Matter movement, left-wing anti-right wing and anti-Nazi group Antifa and “woke culture”. They have songs entitled ‘Do or Die’, ‘Anti-Antifa’, ‘Fightback’ and ‘New World Order’.
Hmm. Criticised BLM? I've done that
Criticised Antifa? Yep, done that too
Criticised woke culture? I've absolutely done that
 
In fact I've done more than just criticised these hideous organisations. I've said loud and often, that I despise them and everything they stand for
 
So does that make me a Neo Nazi? Does it balls. All articles like this do, is water down the real mening of the term
 
So what about the band? Well they fit the image and there's plenty there to read into, but there's one thing the article doesn't say: "When we actually heard the lyrics to their songs, it turned out they were racist after all"
 
There is a lot about imagery and a lot about the number of people who complained before the band performed, yet nothing about what they actually do, as a band
 
I can't be bothered Googling them to find out, I was just having a good giggle at the knowledge that those who criticise the almighty BLM, are Neo Nazis now

3 Comments:

The Jannie said...

Stonyground said...

Bucko said...