Pages

Begs Um Question

So she's been stripped of her citizenship. You all know who I mean

When I retire, I want to move to Greece. Greece will not grant citizenship to anyone who does not have Greek ancestry. As I have no Greek relatives now, or in my past, the best I will get is Residency. With Residency, I have to meet a few easy criteria and will be allowed to stay as long as I want, but if I were to do something they really didn't like, they could kick me straight back out again

So why are we so concerned about this one woman and if she be allowed back into the country? The question should surely be, why do we give out citizenship as though it's a free gift in a cereal box?

This girls family should never have been granted citizenship in the first place

But they were and that's our problem to deal with

International law says you cannot remove someones citizenship if they are not also a citizen of another country, rendering them stateless. This woman is a citizen of Britain alone. Her parents are of Bangladeshi origin, but she is not and the Bangladeshis don't seem to want to take her in

So removing her citizenship is simply a token gesture, one that will be challenged and overturned. It's an opportunity for a Government minister to be 'seen to be doing something' and when it fails, they can say, "Oh well, I tried"

It's not even a token gesture at fixing an error in the legal system, it's a gesture at people venting their anger on social media. There's a lot of that about these days; people who believe others should be tried and convicted in the court of Facebook and Twitter rather than a court of law. Allowing this to happen is a very dangerous precedent to set

There's also the possibility that with public opinion being so strong, after the decision to revoke her passport is overturned, British law could be changed to allow the Government to make people stateless autonomously, without the backing of international law. This is an even more dangerous place to be in, because the next Government could easily use such powers against you or I, if we did something they didn't like
And the people will demand this new law and cheer when it's brought in

So I think we should let her back in, if that's what she wants. When she gets here, arrest her and put her on trial, to see if she's committed a crime. If she has, put her in prison

I know the British taxpayer will need to fund all this and there are many things I object to my tax money being spent on, but putting criminals in prison is not one of them

Maybe next time someone sets up a petition with a quarter of a million signatures, maybe it shouldn't be about if we let in the next ISIS nutbag who wants to come back, but if we give these retards citizenship in the first place

That's the problem we need to sort out

0 Comments: