Pages

Baby It's Cold Outside

Apparently the snowflakes are up in arms about a very old Christmas song, 'Baby It's Cold outside'. It seems the lyrics written in 1947 (I believe) are not suitable for today's woke audiences

I don't actually remember having heard this song in the past and I couldn't find the lyrics in my back issues of Smash Hits, so I had to Google it

Wow! It's not often I agree with the woke army, but on this occasion, they are right. This song actually is dripping with sexism and I would say it's probably right to ban it

Have you heard the lyrics? If not, here they are in full:

I really can't stay (But, baby, it's cold outside)
I've got to away (But, baby, it's cold outside)
This evening has been (Been hoping that you'd drop in)
So very nice (I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice)
My mother will start worry (Beautiful, what's your hurry?)
My father will be pacing the floor (Listen to the fireplace roar)
So really I'd better scurry (Beautiful, please don't hurry)
But maybe just a half a drink more (Put some records on while I pour)
The neighbors might think (Baby, it's bad out there)
Say, what's in this drink? (No cab's to be had out there)
I wish I knew how (Your eyes are like starlight now)
To break this spell (I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell)
I ought to say "No, no, no, sir" (Mind if I move in closer?)
At least I'm gonna say that I tried (What's the sense in hurtin' my pride?)

I really can't stay
(Oh, baby, don't hold out)
Baby, it's cold outside

I simply must go (But, baby, it's cold outside)
The answer is no (But, baby, it's cold outside)
Your welcome has been (How lucky that you dropped in)
So nice and warm (Look out the window at the storm)
My sister will be suspicious (Gosh your lips look delicious)
My brother will be there at the door (Waves upon the tropical shore)
My maiden aunt's mind is vicious (Gosh your lips are delicious)
But maybe just a cigarette more (Never such a blizzard before)
I've gotta get home (But, baby, you'd freeze out there)
Say, lend me a coat (It's up to your knees out there)
You've really been grand (I thrill when you touch my hand)
But don't you see? (How can you do this thing to me?)
There's bound to be talk tomorrow (Think of my lifelong sorrow)
At least there will be plenty implied (If you got pneumonia and died)

I really can't stay
(Get over that cold out)
Baby, it's cold
Baby, it's cold outside
See how sexist that is? Of course you do

Everybody knows that if a woman wants to get some, she just has to snap her fingers. Even the fat ugly birds are doing it on a regular basis

But if a man wants a bit, he's got to work at it. And I mean really work at it

And that's what we can see in this record

The bloke wants the woman to stick around as he thinks there's a possibility he might get her in the sack later on. He's giving her every excuse under the sun to make that happen

She's dangling him like a yo-yo and giving counter arguments to each of his, but not quite good enough to be convincing, just to make him keep trying his luck

After a while it seems like he might be getting somewhere when she says she'll stay for a drink, which he prepares

As it goes on though, he's still trying, almost to the point of grovelling, but still on the edge of getting nowhere, until it seems like he might be in luck, because she bums a cigarette and agrees to stay a little longer

In the end though, after she's taken him for a drink and a ciggy, she just leaves

She'll now probably move onto the next bloke who shows a little interest and see what free stuff she can get out of him

Throughout the song it demonstrates how the woman has complete power over the man in these situations and how she will use that power to get what she wants and the man is left with nothing

The woman in this song will by the type who tells her mate in the morning, "I went out with a tenner last night, got shit faced and came home with fifty quid"

After expending all that effort, plus booze and fags, the chap has nothing to show for it. He didn't even get a bunk up

So yes, this terrible sexist manipulation of men needs to be stamped out. This is 2018 and this sexual exploitation of men belongs in the dark ages

Get it banned

Merry Christmas!

2 Comments:

Macheath said...

Bucko said...