Pages

I thought that's what they were supposed to do?


Isn't that why you buy them?
Emily Milburn, 21, from Rishton, said the £3.99 candle she purchased from TK Maxx in Blackburn, erupted into flames before her eyes at her home earlier this month.
After lighting the candle for around half-an hour, Ms Milburn claims the Wax Lyrical candle lit up in flames, causing her to jump to action and tackle the blaze.
There's nothing like a bit of sensationalism in the local rag, is there? Never pass up an opportunity for a bit of righteous indignation and virtue signalling, too
Ms Milburn, who lives with partner Curtis Smith, now wants the brand of candles taken off the shelves from all TK Maxx stores.
And compo
She said she has been offered a £35 voucher as a goodwill gesture from TK Maxx and a promise the incident will be investigated.
She added: “I’m not interested in the compensation and I want the product taken off the shelves until it’s been investigated at least.
“I want people to know what’s happened as the candle could be unsafe
She did forget to mention 'The Children' though. Schoolboy error

And I love it when the people in the story jump into the comments to defend themselves
Emily09 20th November 6:32 pm
2 This was my candle and whilst people are knocking me for even complaining about this, I'd like to say in my original Facebook post in which the telegraph contacted me about , I'm trying to raise awareness of this because TK maxx haven't put any notices up regarding the candle or even made an effort to warn people. I maybe a one off incident but people have the right to know that these candles are being investigated, they have the right to be warned. As for the good will , it's not the amount that has annoyed me. It's the comment of good will that kept being re enforced. This could have been so much worse but I was lucky it went up when I was in the room. Good will Sounds like we haven't done anything wrong but because your annoyed have this out of the kindness of our heart, that if they give people some vouchers the problem will go away but it won't. I wrote my original post to let people know what had happened. I don't want it happening to someone and then not be as lucky. just because it was cheap That does not mean it should set on fire , yes I'm not stupid candles burn but they should not be a flame reaching and causing damage, that could have potentially caused a serious incident.
It never goes in their favour though
It's a Shovel! 20th November 9:26 pm
1 If you have a serious concern then you should report it to Trading Standards. Not Facebook or Lancashire Telegraph. Trading Standards can investigate and order removal if necessary.
But you don't get 'Likes' going to Trading Standards

2 Comments:

JuliaM said...

Bucko said...