Expect to see many more like this

Smoker killed by fireball after he dropped Zippo lighter on car seat while lighting pipe
A smoker was killed when his car exploded into a fireball after he dropped a cigarette lighter on the passenger seat, an inquest has heard.
Richard Read, 61, suffered severe burns after he accidentally fumbled with the Zippo while lighting his pipe.
The flame set fire to the passenger seat of his Hyundai Getz and within seconds the car was engulfed in flames.
He managed to scramble out of the burning wreck but died days later from smoke inhalation and a stroke.
Scare stories like this one are set to become all to common now the puritans are hell bent on banning smoking in cars. The media will pick up on any tragic story that they probably would have ignored in the past, just to push the agenda of the bansturbators.

Banning smoking is cars is nothing to do with health, just like all the other bans and restrictions. Using 'the children' is a good way to push it, as always, but a ban that only covers cars with children as passengers would be nearly impossible to enforce. The ban has to include every car, and the only way to make that one stick is by using 'safety' as a reason.

The papers will now be sensationalising every story about injuries and deaths in car crashes that can even remotely be blamed on a smoker. The cost to the NHS will now include heavily inflated figures about motor vehicle accidents where the driver was having a cigarette, even where, as in nearly all cases, this had nothing to do with the crash.

Keep your eyes open. There are many more to come.

*Update* H/T to Russtovich in the comments.

We also have scary stories about exploding e-cigarettes. Of course e-cigs are also on the list for a swift banning.
A Vietnam veteran was left with horrific injuries after an electronic cigarette blew up in his mouth, knocking out all his teeth and part of his tongue.
Tom Holloway, 57, of Niceville, Florida, screamed as the device exploded and debris melted everything it touched as it flew around a room at home.
The battery in the cigarette ignited and firemen said the father-of-three was therefore essentially ‘holding a bottle rocket in his mouth’.
My emphasis. Now that's sensationalism!

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Bucko said...

William said...

Humph said...

PJH said...

Bucko said...

Bucko said...

PJH said...