Pages

Booze Buggy

This got me confused.....

A DISABLED man was nabbed by EIGHT cops for drink-driving on his 3mph mobility scooter.
Grandad Eamonn Donohue, 62, refused to stop for an officer as he trundled home from the pub.

Jeez. 3mph? I walk faster than that when I'm pissed up. If he refused to stop, surely the copper could have just put his foot out.

So two panda cars and a police van raced to the scene and blocked him in at the front and rear.
Eamonn, who was three times the alcohol limit, was put in a cell for 12 hours and had DNA and fingerprints taken.
The retired builder, who had drunk seven pints while playing dominoes, said: "It was like something out of a film. They wanted to put me in cuffs, but stopped short.
"The police are always saying they're short of resources, then go and use eight officers arresting someone like me.

Excellent show of force. Two Pandas, a van and 8 coppers. And there's never one around when you need one.

"When someone broke into my home two years ago, police didn't turn up for three days."

Yes, thats because they couldn't have fined you for anything.

That reminds me of a scene from the Simpsons-
Marge Simpson: "But I thought you said you were powerless?"
Chief Wiggum: "Powerless to help you, not to punish you."

Eamonn, of Chesterfield, Derbyshire, was given a three-year driving ban by the town's JPs after admitting drink-driving.
But a licence is not needed for a scooter, so he is still free to drive it. And Eamonn vowed to carry on riding home from the pub - as he can only walk a few yards unaided due to blocked arteries in his leg.

He said: "I'm not a danger to anyone at three miles an hour."

But a police spokesman yesterday said: "A person driving any vehicle when drunk is a danger."

So you don't need a licence to drive one of these scooters but they took his away anyway? And it is still legal for him to drive the scooter because you don't need a licence? I don't get it. No seriously, I don't.......

0 Comments: